What is Early Access Program
We at JetBrains believe that making tools for developers should greatly involve listening to developers. Our Early Access Program lets development community closely participate in discussions devoted to IntelliJ IDEA and influence development planning, from early stages onwards.
Early Access Program allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added to the next release.
It is important to distinguish EAP from traditional pre-release software. Please note that the quality of EAP versions may at times be way below even usual beta standards.
What is IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2?
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 is update of IntelliJ IDEA released Jul 17, 2016.
Download IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.5 RC (build 162.2228.15), released on Oct 17, 2016
Download IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 Community Edition
Plugin Development Kit: Since the open-source Community Edition was released, we no longer provide the plugin development kit as a separate download. Please see http://www.jetbrains.org/display/IJOS/Writing+Plug-ins for instructions on setting up a plugin development environment.
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.2228.15
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.2228.14
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.2228.6
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.2032.8
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.2032.2
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1812.17
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1812.17
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1812.8
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1812.2
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1628.40
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1628.17
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1628.6
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1447.21
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1447.7
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1121.32
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1121.10
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1120.6
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.1024.1
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.917.19
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.844.8
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.646.4
- The new build finally fixes a very annoying issue with Case-only renames in Git for Windows and OS X.
- Since this build we officially support font ligatures. To enable ligatures, go to the Settings → Editor → Colors & Fonts → Font, choose a font that supports ligatures, e.g. FiraCode, Hasklig, Monoid or PragmataPro (the font has to be installed) and select the Enable font ligatures option.
- Also we’ve recently reworked the way IntelliJ IDEA displays notifications: the popups are now displayed in the rightmost bottom corner (next to the Event Log tool window icon), more compact, and grouped by the subsystem they came from.
- The last but not least, we've added a new action called Set Background Image. Give the IDE a custom look by choosing a background image for the editor and the IDE frame.
Read the blog post to learn more or see the release notes.
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.426.1
- A new inspection that warns you when you instantiate new objects inside equals, hashCode,compareTo or Comparator.compare methods. This helps to avoid significant performance problems when, for example, objects of classes with such constructs are added to Set or Map, where these methods will be frequently invoked.
- Coding assistance for Regex has been extended with better error reporting and added code completion for named group references.
- The Inspection tool window has been redesigned for better ergonomics: now code location for each of the problems is displayed along with controls to either apply a quick-fix or suppress inspection.
- Version control
- In case a file has been changed after you created a path, and IntelliJ IDEA cannot find its original revision (e.g. it lost after Rebase, or its format is not supported), IntelliJ IDEA will now prompt you to apply the changes from patch using a Merge-like dialog. Also, in theApply Patch dialog, before applying a patch you can compare it to your local version using the Show Diff action. While comparing, you can edit your the local version.
- The Git Log can now display commit details for several selected commits (this works for Gitand Mercurial).
For more details, read the blog post, or see the release notes.
IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 162.74.16
- The installer for Windows now comes with our custom JDK build where we address some issues with focus and font rendering.
- The Watches views has been merged with Variables for more convenience.
- Multiline expressions are now supported in breakpoint’s Condition and Evaluate and log, and Data Type Renderers.
- Try and return statements are supported in Evaluate Expression.
- Version control integration
- The Commit dialog now shows unversioned files (so you don’t forget to commit something important).
- Patches can now be applied from the clipboard (the IDE will offer to apply the patch when it obtains focus), or by dragging a file into the IDE.
- If a file has been moved or renamed since a patch was created for it, the IDE will try to figure that out or let you manually choose the file to apply the patch to.
- The VCS log continues getting better with a handy loading progress indicator, a shortcut to navigate to the filter field, and tooltips for graph arrows.
- Better spell-checking suggestions based on Damerau–Levenshtein distance.
- Language injection now works in YML files.
- Inspections based on Doclint for detecting Javadoc HTML problems.
- Importing color schemes from Eclipse.
- Spring Frameworks
- Spring 4.3 core features, new inspections and better performance.
- Better support for Spring Security 4.x.
- Coding assistance for Spring MVC variables in FreeMarker and Velocity views.
- Support for generics as qualifiers.
- A lot of issues related to both Spring and Spring Boot have been fixed.