Follow the tracker
You can find a set of known issues and feature requests in our tracker. Some issues in the AppCode tracker are also applicable to CLion.
What are the most important and known issues and limitations?
- Most compiler errors are not highlighted in the editor.
- CMakeCache changes should be applied via Apply Changes and Reload button in the tool window.
- CLion supports only GNU toolchain, that means only GCC and Clang compilers on Linux and OS X, and MinGW (or MinGW-W64) and Cygwin x64 toolchains on Windows.
Note: If you are using Visual Studio for C++ development (and Visual C++ Compiler), try our ReSharper for C++.
- CLion supports only the following C and C++ standards: C99, C++03, C++11.
- Unsupported C++11 features
- User defined literals
- Variadic templates
Performance and memory
- On the large code bases (especially when using Boost) performance and memory issues during indexing and editing are possible.
- Increasing memory may help to resolve performance problems. To check the memory usage, please, switch on the memory indicator in Preferences/Settings | Appearance & Behavior | Appearance | Show memory indicator.
To report a performance problem, please, use the instruction here.
To find IDE logs to attach to the problem use this link.
- Some issues are possible when debugging 32-bit projects with 64-bit GDB.