Follow the tracker
You can find a set of known issues and feature requests in our tracker. Some issues in the AppCode tracker are also applicable to CLion.
What are the most important and known issues and limitations?
- CLion only runs on 64bit systems
- CMakeCache changes should be applied via Reload CMake project button in the tool window.
CLion supports the following C and C++ standards: C99, C11 partially, C++03, C++11, C++14 (all except constexpr), C++17 (initial support).
List of supported C++ language features can be found in our webhelp.
Performance and memory
- On the large code bases (especially when using Boost) performance and memory issues during indexing and editing are possible.
- Increasing memory may help to resolve performance problems. To check the memory usage, please, switch on the memory indicator in Preferences/Settings | Appearance & Behavior | Appearance | Show memory indicator.
While reporting a performance problem, please, get a thread dump and a CPU snapshot and attach them to the report/ticket in tracker.
To find IDE logs to attach to the problem use this link.
- Some issues are possible when debugging 32-bit projects with 64-bit GDB.
To report debugger problem, please, configure and collect debug logs.