IntelliJ IDEA lets you create a project using Vaadin Framework that optimizes your Web applicatin development.
1. Create Vaadin Project with Project Wizard
Before you start creating your project make sure that Vaadin SDK is downloaded on your computer and Vaadin plugin is enabled.
Open , under Java Enterprise select Vaadin framework.
Specify the following settings:
- Project SDK - specify your project SDK.
- JavaEE version - specify the version of JavaEE or use the default option.
- Application Server - specify the application server or use the default server. IntelliJ IDEA creates a run configuration for your Vaadin application. You can always skip the server configuration at this point and configure it later, after creating your project.
- Version - for IntelliJ IDEA 13 and later, you can choose either Vaadin 6 or 7 version.
Note that if you selected the Vaadin 6 version, you need to download the Vaadin library. Select Download option and click Configure.
In the dialog that opens, use the default options and click OK.
- Vaadin distribution - enter the location of Vaadin installation on your machine. If Vaadin is not installed, then the warning message with the appropriate link appears. Click the link, download "All-in-One Archive" ZIP file and unpack it to the disired location.
- Create sample application - select this check box to either enter the name of the sample application or use the default name.
Specify your project information and click Finish.
2. Run Vaadin Application
IntelliJ IDEA creates a project with Web application and all necessary configurations.
Since the application server is specified you can run you application and view the output in the default browser.