What is Early Access Program
We at JetBrains believe that making tools for developers should greatly involve listening to developers. Our Early Access Program lets development community closely participate in discussions devoted to IntelliJ IDEA and influence development planning, from early stages onwards.
Early Access Program allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added to the next release.
It is important to distinguish EAP from traditional pre-release software. Please note that the quality of EAP versions may at times be way below even usual beta standards.
What is IntelliJ IDEA 12?
IntelliJ IDEA 12 (aka Leda) is next major version for IntelliJ IDEA.
Download IntelliJ IDEA 12
IntelliJ IDEA 12 Release Candidate, released on January 27th, 2012
|| Download || Description ||
| [ideaIU-111.255.exe|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-111.255.exe] | Windows installer (includes bundled JRE 1.6.0_29) |
| [ideaIU-111.255.zip|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-111.255.zip] | Windows ZIP archive (no bundled JRE) |
| [ideaIU-111.255.tar.gz|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-111.255.tar.gz] | Unix archive |
| [ideaIU-111.255.dmg|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-111.255.dmg] | Mac installer |
This EAP build requires a valid IntelliJ IDEA 11 license.
h2. Download IntelliJ IDEA 12 Community Edition EAP
|| Download || Description ||
| [ideaIC-111.255.exe|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-111.255.exe] | Windows installer (includes bundled JRE 1.6.0_29) |
| [ideaIC-111.255.tar.gz|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-111.255.tar.gz] | Unix archive |
| [ideaIC-111.255.dmg|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-111.255.dmg] | Mac installer |
| [ideaIC-111.255-src.tar.bz2|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-111.255-src.tar.bz2] | Source tarball |
*Plugin Development Kit*: Since the open-source Community Edition was released, we no longer provide the plugin development kit as a separate download. Please see [http://www.jetbrains.org/display/IJOS/Writing+Plug-ins] for instructions on setting up a plugin development environment.
Idea core features:
- Bytecode viewer plugin
- Recent Files (Ctrl-E) popup redesigned
- Middle matching in completion
- Rewritten annotation processing configuration
- Compilation subsystem rewrite: "External make" feature
- The new make is by default off, can be enabled on a per-project basis from "Settings | Compiler | Use out-of-process build for project compilation" checkbox.
- Currently supported: incremental compilation of Java, Groovy, resource copying, UI Designer forms, Artifacts, Android, annotation processing, not-null instrumentation
- Currently NOT SUPPORTED: projects that store data in Eclipse format, Grails-specific instrumentation
- all compilation tasks are performed in a separate process, fully independent from IDE's VM, no interference with AWT thread, no IDE resources consumption during build
- lower memory requirements for the IDE.
- in the make process javac compiler is called in "in-process" mode via java API, hence faster java sources compilation
- java make: completely rewritten java classes dependency management for faster and more accurate search of dependent classes
- 'automake' mode: automatic make triggered by events from IDE's virtual file system. If such make resulted in errors, those are highlighted in Project View and editor tabs
- faster project rebuild
- Subversion: tree conflicts visualization and resolve (for some variants)
- Perforce: more reliable offline mode and authentication problem handling
Frameworks and Technologies
- Spring Core
- Spring model: improved performance, multi-module (dependent) spring projects, mixed configurations (XML-, annotation- based)
- application contexts navigation http://www.screenr.com/zoK8
- Spring Security
- improve autocompletion/navigation support
- support new/updated elements from 3.1 XSD
- improved highlighting for configuration errors/problems
- support OAuth1/2 (M6): XML highlighting, Spring Beans resolving
- JSP Taglib: update completion
- support for referencing properties of (custom) configured UserDetails, Config XML / Taglib
- inject SQL into <jdbc-user-service> “*query” attributes (configurable via IntelliLang --> dialects)
- inject PointcutExpression into <protect-pointcut> "expression"
- Spring Web Flow
- support 2.3-config XSD
- JSF: support for spring-faces.xsd configuration elements
- dedicated icon & structure view for *-flow.xml files
- improve completion variants presentation
- support SpringEL or OGNL (Struts 2 plugin needed) instead of "plain" EL
- support <binding> bean property resolving
- support *-state "parent" resolving (flow#parentState)
- integrate with Spring Security authorities
- "Goto Related File" & gutter icons for related *-flow.xml files (parent & inheriting flows, <subflow-state> "subflow") and <bean-import> "resource"
- "Go To Parent" gutter icons for state-elements
- "Go To Symbol" for key navigation elements (view-state, end-state, ...)
- Compiler->Validation: validate flow.xml files during Make
- view-resolving (Tiles & anything via Spring MVC)
- completely rewritten Graph/Designer view
- show Graph for selected or all flow.xml-files in module
- improve graph presentation & layout, highlighted start-state ("link" style, blue bold)
- show/hide dependencies (parent flow(s) and "parent"-relations between states)
- show/hide sub-flows/event ("on-...") nodes
- show/hide details for nodes (sub-elements, properties)
- highlight all outgoing paths from selected node;
- create/delete states and edges (transition, parent)
- jBPM 5.0 (BPMN 2.0) - initial support (viewer, navigation, completion, simple error highlighting) - http://www.screenr.com/daG8
- Play! 1.2.4
- Hibernate 4.x
- statically type-checked Groovy 2.0
- Application Servers
- Application server run configuration launch is made asynchronous -- IDEA UI will not hang while a run configuration is prepared to launch (all servers)
- Correct deployment status handling of Tomcat integration -- JMX is utilized for the status detection now
- Hot swap workflow is improved -- how swap will not fail after redeployment (all servers)
- TomEE server intergation
- ActionScript / Flex support
- AIR Mobile development: iOS Simulator support
- UML diagrams improvements