What is Early Access Program
We at JetBrains believe that making tools for developers should greatly involve listening to developers. Our Early Access Program lets development community closely participate in discussions devoted to IntelliJ IDEA and influence development planning, from early stages onwards.
Early Access Program allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added to the next release.
It is important to distinguish EAP from traditional pre-release software. Please note that the quality of EAP versions may at times be way below even usual beta standards.
What is IntelliJ IDEA 12?
IntelliJ IDEA 12 (aka ????) is next major version for IntelliJ IDEA.
Download IntelliJ IDEA 12
IntelliJ IDEA 12 Release Candidate, released on January 27th, 2012
|| Download || Description ||
| [ideaIU-111.255.exe|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-111.255.exe] | Windows installer (includes bundled JRE 1.6.0_29) |
| [ideaIU-111.255.zip|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-111.255.zip] | Windows ZIP archive (no bundled JRE) |
| [ideaIU-111.255.tar.gz|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-111.255.tar.gz] | Unix archive |
| [ideaIU-111.255.dmg|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-111.255.dmg] | Mac installer |
This EAP build requires a valid IntelliJ IDEA 11 license.
h2. Download IntelliJ IDEA 12 Community Edition EAP
|| Download || Description ||
| [ideaIC-111.255.exe|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-111.255.exe] | Windows installer (includes bundled JRE 1.6.0_29) |
| [ideaIC-111.255.tar.gz|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-111.255.tar.gz] | Unix archive |
| [ideaIC-111.255.dmg|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-111.255.dmg] | Mac installer |
| [ideaIC-111.255-src.tar.bz2|http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-111.255-src.tar.bz2] | Source tarball |
*Plugin Development Kit*: Since the open-source Community Edition was released, we no longer provide the plugin development kit as a separate download. Please see [http://www.jetbrains.org/display/IJOS/Writing+Plug-ins] for instructions on setting up a plugin development environment.
Idea core features:
- Bytecode viewer plugin
- Ctrl-E popup redesigned
Frameworks and Technologies
- spring model: improved performance, multi-module(dependent) spring projects, mixed configurations (xml-, annotation- based)
- application contexts navigation - http://www.screenr.com/zoK8
- spring security (copied from "Spring Security(IDEA 12)")
- #- Library-Setup: new 3.1 version , update to 3.0.7
- add <spring.statistics> for 3.1
- plugin.xml: improve <description> by describing feature-set
- 2.0.x/3.0.x: improve/add missing to DOM-model:
- 2.0.6 XSD
- <x509>: fix DOM-support, "subject-principal-regex" non-emptiness
- <expression-handler> "ref" -> typed Spring Bean
- <port-mapping>: fix DOM-support, restrict "http[s]" to Integer values
- <password-encoder>: "ref" -> typed Spring Bean
- <salt-source>: "user-property" , "system-wide" non-emptiness, "ref" -> typed Spring Bean
- <authentication-manager>: "id" instead of "alias" as bean name, fix support for <ldap-authentication-provider>
- <ldap-authentication-provider> / <ldap-user-service/>: non-emptiness for "role-prefix", "group-search-filter", "group-role-attribute"
- <ldap-authentication-provider> / <ldap-user-service>: "role-prefix" special value "none" completion
- <ldap-authentication-provider>: "user-dn-pattern" non-emptiness
- <ldap-user-service>: "id", "user-context-mapper-ref"
- <ldap-user-service> / <jdbc-user-service>: "cache-ref" typed Spring Bean
- <global-method-security>: fix wrong Spring Bean type in "run-as-manager-ref", "jsr250-annotations" DOM support fixed
- <remember-me>: "services-alias", "key" non-emptiness
- <ldap-server>: "url" non-emptiness
- <access-denied-handler>: typed Spring Bean
- <pre|post-invocation-advice>: "ref" typed Spring Bean
- <invocation-attribute-factory>: "ref" typed Spring Bean
- <jdbc-user-service>: "role-prefix" and "*query" non-emptiness
- <protect-pointcut>: "expression" non-emptiness
- add 3.0.3/4 XSD
- new 3.1 XSD
- file-template: version-aware handled by mapping of generic XSD to latest
- new elements:
- <attribute-exchange> / <openid-attribute>
- changes/additions to existing elements
- <http>: "create-session" , "pattern" , "authentication-manager-ref" , "name" , "request-matcher" , "request-matcher-ref" , new child <expression-handler> , "jaas-api-provision" , "security"
- <http>: security=”none”: no child elements allowed
- <remember-me>: "use-secure-cookie" , "authentication-success-handler-ref"
- <authentication-manager>: "erase-credentials"
- <logout>: "delete-cookies"
- <global-method-security>: "authentication-manager-ref" , "metadata-source-ref" , "mode" , "order"
- <filter-chain>: "request-matcher-ref"
- <form-login>: "authentication-details-source-ref" , "username-parameter" , "password-parameter"
- <x509>: "authentication-details-source-ref"
- <openid-login>: "authentication-details-source-ref"
- <custom-filter>: filter names version dependent
- <anonymous>: role name completion for "granted-authority"
- update @RequiredBeanType by adding new package names
- Support OAuth1 (M6): DOM highlighting, Spring Beans resolving check for new milestones
- Support OAuth2 (M6): DOM highlighting, Spring Beans resolving check for new milestones
- Support Saml https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-security-saml
- Taglib: update completion
- Support for referencing properties of (custom) UserDetails Config XML / Taglib
- provide migration map for changed package-names (s. packtpub-link above and class_mapping_from_2.0.x.txt in dist)
- <user> password: do not spell-check
- EL-highlighting/completion for access configuration expressions e.g. “hasRole('supervisor')”
- EL: support WebSecurityExpressionRoot
- openid-attribute completion
- new inspection? 3.1 doc p.46 “org.springframework.security.authentication.encoding as legacy implementations“
- inject SQL into <jdbc-user-service> “*query” attributes (configurable via IntelliLang --> dialects)
- inject PointcutExpression into <protect-pointcut> "expression"
- new inspection: "Debug activated" when "<debug/>" found (3.1)
- new warning inspections when using “weak” encryption/hashing
- new warning inspections when not using recommended/safe (new in 3.x) options in configuration
- alignment: rename inspection "Spring Security Inconsistency Errors" to "Spring Security Model"
- move all Spring Security inspections to group "Spring Model -> Spring Security"
- spring webflow (copied from "Spring Webflow (IDEA 12)")
- update XSDs/DOM to 2.0.3
- add 2.3-config XSD/DOM
- "Create Spring Web Flow": respect Web Flow version (1.0/2.0-XSD)
- update library config to 2.3.1
- icon for *-flow.xml files: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/DSGN-112
- Structure View for *-flow.xml files w/ icons
- Structure View: show states only (graph-like "main" nodes)
- fix inspections registration (-> XML), move inspections to group "Spring Model -> Spring Web Flow"
- Support SpringEL instead of "plain" EL
- Support OGNL expression parser
- fix broken EL-injection for places with "$
- do not highlight EL-expressions as resolve errors
- update builtin EL variables in flow.xml (p.18ff, ELVariablesCollectorUtils)
- support <binding> bean property resolving http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-45654
- support *-state "parent" resolving (parentState#id) http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-45286
- fix typing in EL expressions http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-22219
- integrate with Spring Security authorities http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-70272
- improve completion variants presentation
- provide "Goto Related File" & gutter icons for related *-flow.xml files (<flow> "parent", <subflow-state> "subflow") and <bean-import> "resource"
- provide "Go To Parent" gutter icons for state-elements
- provide "Go To Symbol" for key navigation elements (view-state, end-state, ...)
- JSF: DOM for spring-faces.xsd
- provide support for Compiler->Validation
- Proper view-resolving (Tiles & anything via Spring MVC) http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-19647
- View resolving: use "id" if "view" not defined: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-86571
- replace "Design" view using Diagram API
- show Graph for all flow.xml-files in selected module
- improve graph presentation & layout, highlight start-state ("link" style, blue bold)
- display subflow in/out edges
- popup graph: do not show details, dependencies, subflow-relations and event-nodes by default
- show/hide dependencies (parent flow(s) and "parent"-relations between states)
- show/hide nodes, Sub-Flows: related flow with in/out edges, "on-..." aka event nodes
- show/hide details for nodes (sub-elements, properties)
- highlight all outgoing paths from selected node
- create /delete states
- create transition between states
- delete edges (transition, parent)
- handle r/o files properly http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-47874
- Extended CDI dependencies diagram: editing, navigation, DnD, etc. (done) - http://www.screenr.com/WKr8 and http://www.screenr.com/9Ar8
- support beans.xml + configuration inspections (done)
- simplify adding CDI in project + actual libraries (done)
- play 1.2.4
- hibernate 4.x
- statically type-checked Groovy 2.0
Flash/Flex UML diagrams improvements