What is Early Access Program (EAP)
JetBrains Early Access Program lets the development community evaluate YouTrack bug tracker on early development stages, participate in discussions, submit bug reports and feature requests, and otherwise influence the planning and development of the product.
We hope this EAP will be both valuable and exciting. We highly appreciate your feedback and ideas!
Please rate builds you download so that other users know can judge on their quality.
It is important to distinguish EAP from pre-release software. Please note that the quality of EAP versions may at times be far below even usual beta standards.
- Mozilla Firefox 3+
- Apple Safari 3+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+
- Google Chrome 1+
- Opera 9+
Where to Send Feedback
YouTrack 4.0 Release Candidate Builds
We strongly recommend that you evaluate YouTrack 4.0 RC builds in a test environment, since you will not be able to revert to YouTrack 3.x other than by rolling back to a pre-upgrade backup of your database and losing your progress along the way.
YouTrack 4.0 (aka Fascination) EAP Builds
We strongly recommend that you evaluate YouTrack 4.0 (aka Fascination) EAP builds in a test environment, since you will not be able to revert to YouTrack 3.x other than by rolling back to a pre-upgrade backup of your database and losing your progress along the way.
EAP and RC build installation and licensing instructions
IMPORTANT\! Start rate:id's at 20000 to avoid conflicts with R#
IMPORTANT\! If links contain curly brackets or other unsafe characters, encode them: [http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/topics/urlencoding.htm]
Provide the following YouTrack Energy EAP license information during the initial setup procedure or later, on the Administration > Settings page of YouTrack's web UI.
License user name: EAP User
License expiration date: June 15, 2012
Try YouTrack Fascination EAP in YouTrack InCloud
Good news, everybody! Now you don't have to install locally the EAP build to take a glance at new features we are developing. We have created a new YouTrack InCloud instance running EAP builds.
http://scrumboard.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/rest/agile, register a new user account or log in as guest, and explore!
What you need to know about this server
- Any newly registered user account is added to a group 'Scrum EAP', and thus gains Project Administrator permissions. Which means that any of you will be able to create a new project, if you want to, and make some basic customizations to a project if needed. However, please remember that this is not your own personal instance and respect your co-evaluators: Please don't make any global changes, that might affect their work. We rely on your common sense
- The 'guest' user has Reporter permissions for all projects.
- Though registered users can create their own projects, we've created the default 'ScrumBoard Test' project for you. Feel free to use it: add and update issues, evaluate the scrum board with it.
- We decided to disable notifications on the server, and thus you will not receive any notification about issue changes.
- This is Early Access Program, and we reserve the right to update the server as often as we see fit, without any additional announcement, and thus you might encounter a brief periods of downtime. So please be patient.
- We might update the build, which runs on the hosted EAP instance, more often than we publish stand-alone EAP builds (e.g. for testing purposes), and thus the number of build on hosted instance and the number of the latest published stand-alone EAP build might be different.
If you prefer to run EAP builds yourself, check what your current data will look like in the new version, and have the full control over the server, then just take the latest EAP build above.