Omea Pro/Omea Reader 2.3 Changelog (cumulative)
- Sorting by the last article in the News thread (build 1106)
In order to use this feature you need to "refresh" the list of available columns for a view or a newsgroup/folder by choosing "Configure Columns" in the context menu for a list header. The column for sorting is "Thread Update"
- Possibility to ignore thread (aka "Stop Updating the Thread" with simultaneous marking it as read).
- Property checkbox for a feed: "Download enclosures automatically" - you do not need to construct rules anymore (1106)
- Ability to assign categories to a feed - these categories will be automatically assigned to every feed post.
- Ability to add an annotation for a feed in the Properties dialog.
- Automatic backup for RSS subscription list.
- Contact information view contains a collapseable section with latest correspondence links.
- Contact edit dialog is now split into three parts each of which contains a semantically structured set of fields to be entered (TODO: redesign telephone and email address blocks).
- Block for editing person's full name is redesigned - now just a plain string is entered, and it is parsed into first, middle and last name automatically (though they can be manully reedited if necessary).
- Contact can be associated with an Avatar picture. User can even submit a large picture which will be transformed into the smaller standard-sized thumbnail. Avatar is shown in the Links Pane when the correspondence from that contact is displayed.
Minor UI issues
- Toolbar buttons: Up/Down in the list (useful for Tablet PC owners) (1106)
- Toolbar button: Assign Category (1106)
- Unified place for entering search queries, press Ctrl-E for switching between search sources! (1106)
- More usable "Assign Category" dialog: when navigating to the category by typing its prefix, now this snall search window is hidden whenever the category is selected, thus making it easier to select several categories.
- Option for short resource Date/Time format - only Date is shown.
- Modified splash screen - show plugin errors when they are registered and started up.
- "Assign Category" dialog has now new button and list - "Check as previous". This couple lets user to check the listed set of categories. This proved to be extremely handy while categorizing a large set of resources with the repeating set of categories. Please note however that UI is not polished and we ready for suggestions.
- Autocomplete for Search combobox
Rules and Views
- Rule and View which caused errors during their execution are shown greyed in the Rules Manager and Views Manager dialogs.
- Every resource now remembers when it was deleted (non-destroying deletion). New condition now alows to construct vews using deletion timestamp.
- Optimization of Contact-Correspondence links (build 1106)
- Complete rewriting of text-index rules activation over new files.
- API for adding so called "Search Providers". They have unified UI for:
- Visualizing themselves in the standard Search combobox - by name in the context menu, by icon in the menu and combobox;
- Getting the query string;
- Vizualize the results of the provider's action.
Standard Ctrl-E shortcut enumerates standard and custom providers.
Other Fixed Bugs
- Critical: some resources were missed in the Text Index. It is recommended to rebuild the index completely (build 1106)
- Proper visualization of Excel and Word file previews (build 1106)
- Fixed "error when parsing Cookies header" bug when subscribing to some feeds.
- Removed duplicated indexing of email's text.