Tokaj includes plugins for Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox that will allow you to organize Web pages without leaving the browser.
The plugins currently provide the following features:
- Subscribe to feed of the currently viewed page;
- Annotate and categorize the currently viewed page;
- Create clipping from the text selected in the page;
- Automatically start Omea if it is not currently running.
Tokaj includes a plugin for viewing and indexing Microsoft Excel files.
Tokaj includes a rewritten NNTP plugin with the following new features:
- Better performance and reduced number of server connections;
- Possibility to organize newsgroups in folders;
- Support for SSL connections;
- Support for canceling articles on the server;
- Support for compressing newsgroup names and specifying custom display names;
- Per-server configuration of all server properties;
- Better download control options;
- Support for news: URLs;
- Improved newsgroup subscription dialog with possibility to view new newsgroups;
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for news articles);
- Possibility to keep the article archive when unsubscribing from a newsgroup;
- Possibility to switch encodings for downloaded articles;
- Many other small improvements.
Outlook Plugin Features
- Possibility to copy folders and messages;
- Possibility to save messages as .MSG files;
- Possibility to turn off category synchronization for contacts, tasks and emails;
- Possibility to copy and move messages between storages;
- Possibility to enable or disable task synchronization on a per-folder basis;
- Other improvements.
RSS Plugin Features
- Support for feed: URLs;
- Possibility to subscribe to a feed by dragging an URL from a browser and dropping it on the Feeds pane;
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for feed posts);
- Possibility to edit the properties of multiselected feeds, or all feeds in a feed group;
- Support of the <image> tag;
- Display of favicons for RSS feeds.
Bookmark Support Features
- Full bookmark synchronization with Mozilla and Firefox (import and export);
- Support for importing Opera bookmarks;
- Display of favicons for bookmarked Web pages.
New Message List/Tree Control
Tokaj includes a rewritten control for displaying lists and trees of resources. It is currently used in the main resource browser, the left sidebar panes and a number of dialogs.
The control provides the following improvements:
- Support for multi-line (Outlook 2003 style) display of items;
- Auto-preview support;
- Correct operation of tooltips, multiselection and other features that did not always work properly in the 1.0 release;
- Better incremental search implementation;
- Use of XP themes for drawing checkboxes in the list;
- Better performance and stability.
The following new column configuration features have been added:
- "Show if not empty" and "Show if distinct" options for showing columns;
- Column autosizing;
- Possibility to apply column settings to a specific view, instead of all views showing resources of specific types;
- Possibility to restore default column settings.
- Better display of contexts for search results;
- Added search history in the Advanced Search dialog;
- Phrasal search results are always highlighted correctly;
- Better diagnostics for incorrect search queries and stopwords/stoptokens.
- Critical amount of space is now monitored by the Search module - text index is not updated when amount of space on HD becomes less than 50M. After free space is again available, missed documents are rerequested for indexing.
Rules and Views Improvements
- Added rules for changing the Omea tray icon;
- Added rules for automatic clean up of old news articles and RSS posts (expiration rules);
- Implemented unified rule manager dialog for all types of rules;
- Possibility to pin conditions in the view, rule and advanced search forms, so that frequently used conditions are always readily accessible;
- The "Apply Rules" dialog allows to choose the resources to which rules will be applied, and its performance has been improved;
- "Hide Read Messages" option works for views;
- "Choose Resource Types" dialog shows resource type icons;
- Possibility to reorder Formatting and TrayIcon rules, check on/off these rules.
- Visible links are created between resources which are used as rule parameters and their rules. These rules are visible in the Links Pane. Currently available only for Contacts and Tasks.
New Conditions and Actions for Views and Rules
Contact Management Improvements
- Proper support for removing email account from a Contact - all correspondence related to this email account is retargeted to newly created contact.
- Possibility to delete contacts;
- Possibility to assign contact categories from the "Edit Contact" form.
The Tokaj release includes many other improvements in different areas of the product. A more complete list of improvements will be provided later.