Dialect sensitive editor for SQL and for Procedural-SQL script files (.sql, .plsql) providing advanced editing capabilities.
- Configurable language highlighting
- Code formatting, folding and bracket matching
- Two configurable levels of code completion
- Error highlighting for incomplete statements or invalid references to database entities
- Basic structure projection in the "Structure" tool window
- Statement execution triggers on editor gutter
- Useful editor intentions
Note: Only language highlighting is supported by the PL/SQL editor for now.
Flexible database connectivity management.
- Connections configurable in scope of project or module
- Persistent mapping between connection/schema and sql scripts for providing code completion, navigation and statement execution capabilities.
- Connection pooling for concurrent database access and dedicated connectivity (managed internally)
- Silent connectivity restoring in case of database linkage breaks (e.g. idle session timeouts, administrative session kills)
- Virtual connections for deciding the .sql dialect of the mapped file (no real database behind)
Tool window displaying available connections and the database objects.
- Tree-wise visualization of database connections and hierarchical objects structure
- Linkage to the script editor (providing navigation from resolved identifiers in the editor)
- Contextual popup menu with supported operations on each database object (e.g. compile, execute, refresh lists)
- Several embedded navigation capabilities in contextual popup menu (e.g. from column to its constraints, from synonym to underlying object)
- Trigger for database object editor and method execution
- Navigation history, speed search capabilities
Note: Refreshing objects feature is still in testing phase and not available yet (because of critical system instability hazard)
Statement and database method execution features
- Execution of sql statements can be fired directly from the editor gutter
- Sticky linkage between editor and execution (navigation from the editor to the result and backwards is ensured even if the file is being edited)
- Sortable query results in tabular form
- Export of query results in several formats (sql insert statements, .xls, .csv)
- Message window for failed statement executions
- Executed statement preview window