Follow the tracker
What are the most important and known issues and limitations?
- Most compiler errors are not highlighted in the editor.
- CMakeCache changes should be applied via Apply Changes and Reload button in the tool window.
- CLion supports only GNU toolchain, that means only GCC and Clang compilers on Linux and OS X, and MinGW (or MinGW-W64) and Cygwin x64 toolchains on Windows.
Note: If you are using Visual Studio for C++ development (and Visual C++ Compiler), try our ReSharper for C++.
- CLion supports only the following C and C++ standards: C99, C++03, C++11.
- Unsupported C++11 features
- User defined literals
- Variadic templates
Performance and memory
- On the large code bases (especially when using Boost) performance and memory issues during indexing and editing are possible.
- Increasing memory may help to resolve performance problems. To check the memory usage, please, switch on the memory indicator in Preferences/Settings | Appearance & Behavior | Appearance | Show memory indicator.
To report debugger problem, please, do the following:
- Configure debug logs (call Help | Configure Debug Log, add #com.jetbrains.cidr.execution.debugger in the windows),
- Collect them while starting a session,
- Share with us (via tracker or support e-mail).
To find IDE logs to attach to the problem use this link.
- Some issues are possible when debugging 32-bit projects with 64-bit GDB.