Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
1. Download IntelliJ IDEA for you platform
- IntelliJ IDEA is cross-platform and runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- You can download the latest version for any platform from the official website.
- Earlier versions are available for download here.
2. IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition or Ultimate?
- Do you develop for Java, Groovy, Scala or Android? Get the free and open-source IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition.
- Do you develop for web or enterprise? Get a free 30-day trial for IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate with an exclusive set of developer tools and frameworks supported.
- For more details read the feature-by-feature editions comparison.
3. How can I get IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate for free?
- If you contribute to an open-source project, show us your commits and get a personal license for free!
- If you are a student, ask your instructor or trainer to get a classroom license for free!
- If you work for a company, convince your manager to buy a commercial license!
4. How do I install IntelliJ IDEA on my platform?
- Windows: Run the .exe file and follow steps of the Installation Wizard.
- Mac OS X: Open the .dmg package and drag/copy IntelliJ IDEA to the application folder.
- Linux: Unpack .tar.gz archive and run bin/idea.sh.
5. How do I customize the IDE at first launch?
- When you launch the IDE for the first time, it will offer you to choose the plugins you would like to use. Later you will be able to change your selections in Settings → Plugins.
6. I'm used to a different IDE. What to do?
- If you've worked with Eclipse or NetBeans before, we suggest that you read our migration guides. Get ready for your life to change forever (in a good way)!
7. How do I get started with IntelliJ IDEA?
- Check out tutorials and how-to guides at this dedicated website.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel and watch the latest video tutorials.
- See the keymap in Help → Default Keymap Reference on our website.
8. How do I submit the feedback?
- The easiest and most efficient way to be heard is to submit an issue into our issue tracker.
- Have a problem or just an idea how to make the user experience better? - Don’t hesitate to create an issue. Our developer team will come to your help shortly.
- Another option to submit feedback or get help from developer community is to ask on the discussion forum. There's a good chance that someone already knows a solution.