- Auto merge build feature
- VCS labeling build feature
- Project-level settings
- Configuration simplification
- MS Visual Studio 2013 support in build runners
- JaCoCo coverage integration
- New server health reports
- Other improvements
Auto merge build feature
If you are using feature branches with Git and Mercurial, with the help of "Automatic Merge" Build Feature you can now configure TeamCity to merge a feature branch automatically to the master if a build in the feature branch completes successfully.
There is also an option to merge manually form the build's Changes tab.
VCS labeling build feature
VCS labeling settings were reworked as a Build Feature instead of options in the VCS Settings section. The existing settings are converted automatically to the new format. The build feature allows for more flexible configuration: you can now have different labeling settings for different VCS roots, or overwrite the labeling settings inherited from a template completely.
Build results report tabs moved to project level
In previous versions there were two places where you could configure report tabs:
- project level report tabs were configured under project settings
- build results report tabs were configured as "Report Tabs" global server settings
Now both project-level and build-level report tabs are configured on the project level; thus project administrators can manage build report tabs themselves.
Server-wider build-level report tabs are automatically moved under the Root project settings.
Maven settings moved to project level
Configuration of Maven profiles (settings.xml) have also been moved from the global administration area to the project level, the "Maven Settings" tab. This makes it possible to delegate configuring Maven settings to project administrators.
Create build configuration wizard is no longer available. It is replaced with a simple dialog asking for the build configuration/template name and ID and creating the build configuration right away.
Build runner settings improvements
You can now list available targets/tasks, IntelliJ IDEA run configurations and inspection profiles when defining build steps in administration UI.
For Java based runners, there is a Java versions drop down with versions of Java detected on available agents.
Build runners auto discovery
The new "Auto-discover" button on the Build Steps page of a build configuration starts a process that attempts to determine the build runner settings by scanning the VCS repository of the build configuration. For now, auto discovery works for Ant, Maven, Xcode, Visual Studio solution runners and IntelliJ IDEA based projects. More options will be available in subsequent EAP builds.
Advanced options are hidden by default
To reduce complexity of the user interface, many options on the build configuration and VCS root settings pages are now hidden by default. You can access them by clicking the "Show advanced options" link.
MS Visual Studio 2013 support in build runners
MSBuild and Visual Studio Solution build runners now have full support for Microsoft® Visual Studio 2013 and Microsoft® Build Tools 2013.
Support for the new version of Visual Studio in the TeamCity Add-in and MSTest build runner will be added in the next EAP.
JaCoCo coverage integration
A new coverage engine based on JaCoCo is now available for Ant, Maven, Gradle and IDEA Project build steps.
New server health reports
Some new health reports were added to:
- detect problems with reusing builds for configurations with snapshot dependencies
- detect queued builds sitting in the queue without compatible agents
- report cloud agent issues (the agent machine cannot be stopped, or an agent is in the idle state longer than the timeout)
Additionally, some of the health reports that do not require administrator's permissions are now available in the user space, on the build configuration home page.
- changing of IDs of a build configuration, project or VCS root does not invalidate bookmarked links with previous IDs
- memory usage of the TeamCity server has been reduced for the cases when builds have tens of thousands of tests
- a project can be selected in the investigation dialog when an investigation is assigned for a test. This is useful when the test fails in sibling projects
- My Changes page now uses a drop-down for projects instead of tabs
- statistic values published during the build are now shown on the Build Parameters tab
- a new option in YouTrack integration allows for monitoring all projects from the YouTrack server automatically
- schedule trigger has got timezone setting for the cron-based trigger
- resolved issues