MS Visual Studio 2013 support in build runners
TeamCity .NET build runners now have full support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013. Support for the new version of Visual Studio in the TeamCity Add-in will be added in the future versions.
Auto merge build feature
If you are using feature branches with Git and Mercurial, you can now configure TeamCity to merge a feature branch automatically to the master if a build in the feature branch completes successfully.
Simple/advanced options on build configuration settings
Build configuration settings are divided into simple and advanced options.
VCS labeling build feature
A new build feature for VCS labeling was added. VCS labeling settings will be converted automatically to this build feature. The build feature allows more flexible configuration, you can now have different labeling settings for different VCS roots, or overwrite labeling settings inherited from a template completely.
Create configuration / template wizard hidden
The create build configuration wizard is no longer available. It is replaced with a simple dialog asking for the build configuration/template name and ID.
Build results report tabs moved to project level
In previous versions there were two places where you could configure report tabs:
- project level report tabs were configured in project
- build results report tabs were configured in the global administration area
Starting with this version, both project and build report tabs are configured on the project level; thus project administrators can manage build report tabs themselves.
Maven settings moved to project level
These settings have also been moved from the global administration area to the project level, the Maven Settings tab. This makes it possible to delegate configuring Maven settings to project administrators.
Jacoco coverage integration
A new coverage engine based on Jacoco is now available for Ant, Maven, Gradle and IDEA Project build steps.
Build runner settings improvements
You can now list targets/tasks, IntelliJ IDEA run configurations and inspection profiles right on the build step page.
For Java based runners, there is a Java selection drop down with versions of Java detected on available agents.
New server health reports
Some new health reports were added:
- report to detect suitable builds reusing problems for configurations with snapshot dependencies
- report detecting queued builds sitting in the queue without compatible agents
- report for cloud agent issues (the agent machine cannot be stopped, or an agent is in the idle state longer than the timeout)
Additionally, some of the health reports that do not require administrator's permissions are now available in the user space, on the build configuration home page.
- memory usage of the TeamCity server has been reduced for the cases when builds have tens of thousands of tests
- a project can be changed in the investigation dialog when investigation is assigned for a test, useful when the test fails in sibling projects
- tabs with projects have been replaced with a drop-down on the My Changes page
- statistic values published during the build are now shown on the Build Parameters tab
- a new option in YouTrack integration picks all project codes from the YouTrack server automatically
- the cron trigger has got the timezone setting too