Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
1. Download IntelliJ IDEA for you platform
- IntelliJ IDEA is cross-platform and runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- The latest version for any platform you can download on the official website.
- The previous versions you can download here.
2. IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition or Ultimate?
- Develop for Java, Groovy, Scala or Android? Get a free and open-source IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition.
- Develop for web or enterprise? Get a free 30-days trial for IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate with an exclusive set of developer tools and frameworks supported.
- For more details read the feature-by-feature editions comparison.
3. How can I get IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate for free?
- Develop an open-source project? Show your commits and get a personal license for free!
- Student or take classes? Ask your trainer or teacher to get a classroom license for free!
- Develop for a company? Convince your boss to buy a commercial license!
4. How do I install IntelliJ IDEA on my platform?
- Windows: Run the .exe file and follows steps of the Installation Wizard.
- Mac OS X: Open the .dmg package and drag/copy IntelliJ IDEA to the application folder.
- Linux: Unpack .tar.gz archive and run bin/idea.sh file.
5. How do I customize the IDE on the first run?
- When you run the IDE for the first run it will offer you to choose the plugins you would like to use. Later you will be able to change your choice in Settings → Plugins.
6. I used another IDE before. What to do?
- If you worked with Eclipse before we suggest to read the migration guide. Be prepared for the fact that your life will change forever (in a good way).
7. How to get started with IntelliJ IDEA?
- Check out tutorials and how-to guides on the dedicated website.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel and watch the latest video tutorials.
- See the keymap in Help → Default Keymap Reference or on our website.
8. How do I submit the feedback?
- The most easy and efficient way to get heard is to submit an issue into our issue tracker.
- Have a problem or just an idea how to make the user experience better? - Don’t hesitate to create an issue. The developer team will come up with help shortly.
- Another option to submit feedback or get help from developer community is to ask on the discussion forum. Probably someone already knows a solution.