Several important improvements and bug fixes have been made in project groups feature.
- projects hierarchy is shown on Administration -> Projects page the same way as it shown in all projects popup
- configure visible projects dialog has become aware of project hierarchy
- investigations page for a project also shows all investigations from sub projects. The same applies to muted problems page, current problems, build chains, project statistics and project change log. All these pages will show sub projects too.
- notification rule defined for a project will be effective for sub projects too
- projects hierarchy is shown on Administration -> Disk usage page
- projects hierarchy is shown in all drop downs where a list of projects or configurations is displayed
External ids for build configuration and template
It is now possible to define external id for build configuration or template. It works the same way as external id for project, i.e. it is used in URLs instead of internal id, and it is used in configuration files. However with build configuration external ids some additional benefits become available:
- you can now use external id to access build configuration artifacts. Instead of cryptic URL like this
http://<host>/repository/download/bt457/lastSuccessful/artifact.zipyou can use something more user friendly:
http://<host>/repository/download/<my build configuration external id>/lastSuccessful/artifact.zip.
- external id can be used when build is triggered by HTTP request and in REST requests
- if you're using dependency parameters, you can now use external ids there too:
dep.<my build configuration external id>.build.number
Configuration files changes
We continue refactoring configuration files storage on disk under TeamCity data directory. This EAP brings two important changes:
- build configuration external id
Queued build page
Disk usage report
Branch filters in triggers
- Server id - we need some way to remove duplicate usage statistics reports from our database. To be able to do it we introduced unique identifier - server id, which is sent together with usage statistics report. This id is completely anonymous and does not have machine specific information in it.