This tutorial explains how to install Xdebug extension to your web server and prepare it to be used for debugging with PhpStorm IDE.
Intalling and Configuring Xdebug Extension
- Download the Xdebug extension compatible with your PHP version from the official site. Recommended stable versions are 2.2.1 and 2.1.3
- Copy the extension file to your web server in a location that is accessible by the web server.
- Add the following lines at the end of your php.ini file: http://xdebug.org/docs/remote For additional information check
- Restart your web server
- Check your installation:
- Execute in the terminal
- Or create a file with the following content:
- Open a page corresponds to this file and check phpinfo() output. It should contain Xdebug section: