This tutorial explains how to install Xdebug extension to your web server and prepare it to be used for debugging with PhpStorm IDE.
Intalling Xdebug extension
- Download the Xdebug extension compatible with your PHP version from the official site.
- Copy the extension file to your web server in a location that is accessible by the web server.
- Add the following lines at the end of your php.ini file:
- Restart your web server
- Check your installation:
- Create a file with the following content:
- Open a page corresponds to this file and check phpinfo() output. It should contain Xdebug section:
Add the following lines to the 'Xdebug' section of your php.ini file:
For additional information check http://xdebug.org/docs/remote