What's New in dotTrace Performance 5.0
1. New remote profiling; now dotTrace works over the firewalls, VPNs, and requires less administrative rights; only one port is necessary for communication.
2. dotPeek as an integrated view for non-native sourcecode.
3. Attach/Detach of a profiler to an already started process.
4. Improved plain view: added inplace filtering of user/system functions, added groupping by assembly.
5. Command line support: editor to prepare a config file for console running of the profiling, ability to integrate profiling process into Teamcity builds via MsBuild or Nant tasks.
6. Usability redesign for Adjust time feature (i.e. all the adjustments can now be reset with one click in Overview screen) + now it is possible to control the time of non-user functions (like GC).
7. Transparent integration mode for Typemock (and for any other app) to be able to use us seamlessly.
8. Less memory usage during the performance profiling.
9. Support for IIS Express, including from the Visual Studio.
10. Faster (up to 20x) construction of plain list for large snapshots.
dotTrace 5.0 Performance EAP
dotTrace pre-release builds are published automatically. You can see ratings from other users to decide whether you should download a build and rate builds yourself. We stopped selecting special "EAP" builds ourselves as different users have different stability criteria.