What is Early Access Program
We at JetBrains believe that making tools for developers should greatly involve listening to developers. Our Early Access Program lets development community closely participate in discussions devoted to IntelliJ IDEA and influence development planning, from early stages onwards.
Early Access Program allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added to the next release.
What is IntelliJ IDEA 11?
IntelliJ IDEA 11 (aka Nika) is next major version for IntelliJ IDEA.
Download IntelliJ IDEA 11
IntelliJ IDEA 11.0 Released on December 6th, 2011
Download from JetBrains web site
Plugin Development Kit: Since the open-source Community Edition was released, we no longer provide the plugin development kit as a separate download. Please see http://www.jetbrains.org/display/IJOS/Writing+Plug-ins for instructions on setting up a plugin development environment.
IDEA 11 (build 111.69) Release Notes
IDEA 11 RC 2 (build 111.54) Release Notes
IDEA 11 RC (build 111.41) Release Notes
IDEA 11 beta 2 (build 111.24) Release Notes
IDEA 11 beta (build 110.492) Release Notes
IDEA 11 110.365 Release Notes
IDEA 11 110.291 Release Notes
IDEA 11 110.187 Release Notes
IDEA 11 110.137 Release Notes
IDEA 11 110.3 Release Notes
- Lag-less typing in big documents with new editor architecture
- Faster indexing for large codebases when running on 32 bit JDK
- Faster startup
- Event Log view for all IDE notifications
- Live template settings UI reworked, many new template contexts added
- Inplace refactorings UI reworked
- Backgroundable search for implementations (Ctrl-Alt-B) and definitions (Ctrl-Alt-I)
- Ability to open all classes/files/symbols by mask from corresponding Go To popup in Find toolwindow
- "Digest" changes view in Changes -> Local and commit dialog
- Git log: [file] structure filter added, and action to see log of arbitrary repository added
- Resizeable completion popup
- Java/Groovy code completion now suggests only the imported classes. A second invocation of Ctrl+Space will suggest the other ones
- Recently changed classes and methods are highlighted in stack traces
- An ability to write breakpoint conditions in Groovy for Groovy code
- Linux usability improvements: GTK+ theme fixes; better integration with docks; action for creating entry in apps menu; drag&drop and cut&paste between IDEA and file managers
- improved UML diagram of module dependencies: actions to show paths between modules, adding/removing dependencies on diagram
- improved editing of project structure: action to create library from files, simplified attaching roots to library
Broader technology support
- Gradle integration
- XSLT debugger support
- CoffeeScript support
- Velocity 1.7 support
- JSLint / JSHint integration
- Updated HTML5 schema
- Zen Coding 0.7 support
- Android layout preview
- Android: compilation of renderscript files
- Android: built-in obfuscation
- Android: support for external "apklib" dependencies in maven projects
- Android: improved filtering in logcat view
- JBoss 7 support
- WebSphere 8 support
- AspectJ support: ITDs on interfaces, configurable aspect path, push-in refactoring, initial AOP support
- Spring: improved performance for large models, bean dependency diagram (with new features), "Generate @Autowired dependency.." action, etc.
- Spring 3.1 @Configuration contexts, @ComponentScan, @ImportResource, @Profile, @PropertySource.
- Spring Testing: @ContextConfiguration configured with @Configuration array, @ActiveProfile
- Spring Integration: generic support.
- Spring Data (JPA): generic support.
- Play framework support.
- Underlying frameworks support (frameworks libraries - spring, jsf, etc.)
- Grails 2.0.0 (1.4) full support.
- Groovy 1.9 support
- New Groovy intentions: Replace qualified reference with import, Add single-member static import, Add on-demand static import
- Introduce Closure Parameter refactoring for Groovy
- GWT support enhancements: new inspections, improved editing of GWT-specific css files
PHP, Phing, CommandLineTools, Apache Config support plugins are unbundled and will be available as separate download when IntelliJ IDEA 11 is released.