What is Early Access Program
We at JetBrains believe that making tools for developers should greatly involve listening to developers. Our Early Access Program lets development community closely participate in discussions devoted to IntelliJ IDEA and influence development planning, from early stages onwards.
Early Access Program allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added to the next release.
What is IntelliJ IDEA 11?
IntelliJ IDEA 11 (aka Nika) is next major version for IntelliJ IDEA.
Download IntelliJ IDEA 11 Ultimate EAP
Download IntelliJ IDEA 11 Community Edition EAP
Plugin Development Kit: Since the open-source Community Edition was released, we no longer provide the plugin development kit as a separate download. Please see http://www.jetbrains.org/display/IJOS/Writing+Plug-ins for instructions on setting up a plugin development environment.
- Lag-less typing in big documents with new editor architecture
- Faster indexing for large codebases when running on 32 bit JDK
- Event Log view for all IDE notifications
- Live template settings UI reworked, many new template contexts added
- "Digest" changes view in Changes \
- Git log: [file] structure filter added, and action to see log of arbitrary repository added
- Java/Groovy code completion now suggests only the imported classes. A second invocation of Ctrl+Space will suggest the other ones
- Recently changed classes and methods are highlighted in stack traces
- An ability to write breakpoint conditions in Groovy for Groovy code
- Linux usability improvements: GTK+ theme fixes; better integration with docks; action for creating entry in apps menu; drag&drop and cut&paste between IDEA and file managers
Broader technology support
- XSLT debugger support
- CoffeeScript support
- Velocity 1.7 support
- JSLint / JSHint integration
PHP, Phing, CommandLineTools, Apache Config support plugins are unbundled and will be available as separate download