Agent Push allows to install TeamCity Agent to remote host.
Currently supported combinations of Server host platform and targets for Agents:
- from Unix based TC Server agents can be installed to Unix hosts only(via SSH).
- from Windows ones agents can be installed to Unix (via SSH) or Windows(via psexec)
- SSH note: Make sure "Password" or "Public key" authentication is enabled on the target host according to preferred authentication method.
Requirements for Agent's hosts:
- Unix: installed JDK(JRE). JVM should be reachable with JAVA_HOME(JRE_HOME) environment variables or be in paths. Also, unzip must be installed and available in path.
- Windows: No preinstalled JRE required. Zipped JRE will be downloaded from source TCServer over the installation phase(there is no JRE's zip bundled to TC Server now, you have to put "agent-jre-win32.zip" archive under "TEAMCITY_SERVER_ROOT/webapps/ROOT/update" folder)
Plugin Development Status
In final stage of development.
Bundled since 6.5 release (experimental).
TeamCity Versions Compatibility
The current plugin version is designed to work with TeamCity 6.x.
- Put agent-push.zip into
<TeamCity Data Directory\
- Restart the server.
Сonfiguring Agent's installation via UI options
The plugin provides web UI configuration page ("Agents/Agent Push" tab) which allows to install an Agent to required host or manage persisted installation's profiles(presets):
- Push "Install Agent.." and configure mandatory attribute for simple installation.
- "Create new preset" if you are going to use same settings for several target host. It is possible to choose early saved presets during "Install Agent..." action.
Installing agent to cloud
The plugin also gives an ability to install TeamCity agent on Amazon EC2. Specify Agent Push preset in Cloud profile settings and when TeamCity starts an image in the cloud, the agent is pushed on the image automatically, so you do not need to install it on the image and modify build agent configuration to specify correct server URL.