If your database configuration differs from default HSQLDB settings, you'll have to configure database in a separate database.properties file. This file should be located in the TeamCity data config directory (defaults $HOME\.BuildServer\config). After the first run of TeamCity template files database.mysql.properties and database.hsqldb.properties are be placed to this directory for reference. Copy one of them to database.properties and edit settings according to your database configuration.
Ipr, Inspections, Duplicates runners
TeamCity provides enhanced dialog to setup builds which depend on IntelliJ IDEA's IPR project file. Unfortunately, it was impossible to convert old configuration to the new one, so after upgrade to this version of TeamCity you'll have to tweak your configuration manually.
To do it, visit build configuration page/build runner section. The first visit to this page may be slow, because TeamCity will download and analyze all project module (*.iml) files to detect used global libraries, path variables, jdk and so on. Subsequent visits will be much faster.
This page will provide options to configure project JDK, path variables, global libraries. If some module files could not be obtained from VCS, this will be shown as well.
Links to build artifacts has changed
Dependent builds and Ivy integration
TeamCity allows to depend one build configuration on another one in terms of artifacts. I.e. if one build configuration requires library produced by another build configuration, you can easily add such dependency and dependent library will be downloaded to the specified place right before build start.
Moreover, TeamCity artifacts repository acts as Ivy repository, so you can reference and use artifacts from TeamCity in your ant builds!
Automatic integration of third-party reporting tools
If your build produces some HTML/text/image report which is available as artifact of your build, you can easily create a custom report tab which will show your report embedded right to TeamCity. To do it:
- In your build script, add a task which archives your whole report into some zip or jar file. Let's name this file "report.zip" (this is step is required if your report contains hundreds of files)
- For the build configuration, which produces such a report, add "report.zip" (or name of directory with report files) to Artifact paths of this build.
- In $HOME/.BuildServer/config/main-config.xml add the following line within <server> tag: In this line, "title" is title of the tab and it should be unique, "startPage" specifies relative path of start page within zip file or in directory with report files. Default value for startPage is index.html.
Duplicates runner - Web UI
From now, duplicates results are available in the Web UI. You can easily open file with duplicates in IDE, by clicking the link near file with duplicate.
Possibility to clone projects
Enhanced "My Changes" view
Now you can see the current status of the change, not only the first one. See screenshot.
Several Maven fixes
Add "Run" button to configuration screens
TeamCity data directory
TeamCity data directory can be configured in two ways:
- Using system property teamcity.data.path passed to TeamCity via JVM option
- Using environment variable TEAMCITY_DATA_PATH
The default value for TeamCity data directory is $HOME/.BuildServer where $HOME points to user's home directory.