What is that, Current version and status
GWT Studio is plugin for IntelliJ targeted to simplify development of applications using Google Web Toolkit
Current version of GWT Studio is 0.1.1 It supports only EAP builds of IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 (Demetra) starting from build #5333
GWT Studio still to be on earlier research stage. It is not part of any JetBrains product but personal project of my own. Most probably it will be changed in the foreseen future but as of today JetBrains is absolutely not responsible for any problems or bugs related to GWT Studio. But JetBrains still to be responsible for great plugin API, which gave me possibility to develop it relatively fastly.
To report bug or request feture visit Demetra EAP Plugins forum
What does GWT Studio give to me?
GWT Studio provides useful
- actions to create different elements of GWT application
- GWT specific inspections with quick fixes
- specific run configuration for starting and debugging GWT application from IntelliJ IDEA
- integration of GWT compiler in to IntelliJ IDEA build process
- some refactorings
GWT Studio roadmap includes
- Integration with HTML stuff. It's needed to reference some GWT resource (e.g. modules) from HTML files. We can support completion & validation.
- Much more inspections with quick-fixes and intentions
- maybe even Visual Designer