Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
EJB 3 Features
- EJB 3 Modules Support - you can now create modules with support EJB version 3.0
- In EJB 3.0 module new EJBs (excluding Entity EJBs) are created using the annotations mechanism
- You can refactor your EJB 1.x & 2.x module into EJB 3 module or just clean the code of your EJB 3.0 module in accordance to EJB 3 specification:
- EJB classes annotations are added
- EJB environment access code converted to Javaee style (dependency injection or EJB context lookups)
- Optionally: Session Bean Home interfaces are removed and corresponding component interfaces are converted to EJB business interfaces. EJB and Non-EJB clients are updated to reflect these changes.
- Optionally: Most of XML descriptor data is copied or moved to EJB class annotations. (Interceptors & callback listeners are TBD).
- J2EE EJB View fully supports EJB 3.0 specification
- You can create new Persistence Units in any module
- You can generate new Persistence Unit using the Hibernate mapping (only descriptors are generated, annotations generation is TBD)
EJB 2.1 Improvements
- Service Endpoint Interfaces are now supported for Stateless Session Beans (highlighting and creation)
- 2.1 Message Driven Beans are supported in form editors
- Form editors support Undo
- Lots of fixes for existing and new EJB inspections
- We've finished implementation of internal JSF model, which enables us to add JSF-specific functionality to IDEA
- Very preliminary prototype for faces-config editor is present. It'll be completely reworked, but some usefull functionality is already present:
- Tree for presenting structure of faces-config file (will go into Structure View)
- Forms editors for various parts of config. Most of them are automatically generated. Beans editor is currently in the work.
- Prototypes of navigation diagrams (for page and for the whole file) can be played with.
Weblogic 9.0 Support
Removed a Link Between Web/EJB/J2EE Module and Application Server