This release contains a number of new features as well as many enhancements and fixes.
User Groups Enhancements
Users list now has the full set of tools to make user groups management an easy task: you can filter users by a group and add/remove users from a group. As now a preferred way to manage user roles is via groups, we've added an action to unassign roles from multiple users: see "More Actions" drop-down.
Now you can add new roles and change the permissions set of roles right from the web UI. No more need to edit
roles-config.xml in the server configuration files!
Greatly Improved LDAP Integration
With the new features TeamCity can:
- retrieve user's profile data from LDAP
- update groups membership based on LDAP groups
- automatically create and remove users in TeamCity based on information retrieved from LDAP
The configuration should be done in a configuration file under
See the detailed instructions.
If you were using LDAP integration, you should notice no changes on upgrade. To configure LDAP synchronization you will need to add settings into
.BuildServer/config/ldap-config.properties file. See
.BuildServer/config/ldap-config.properties.dist for example configuration.
- Ability to add notification rules to groups. Group notification rules are now considered if user does not have own rules.
- Test list grouping options improved (work in progress).
- Eclipse plugin: support for Perforce 2008.2 plugin.
- Eclipse plugin: is now compatible with RCP-based products which do not have JDT installed.
- support for Subversion 1.6 in Visual Studio plugin.
- (experimental) reboot agent action is added on the agent details page: allows to send reboot signal to the agent machine
- displaying patch size on sources checkout, VCS integration logging improvements
- ClearCase settings reworked: "view path" is separated in path to view and path within the view.
- agent now checks for a free disk space and ensures old data is cleaned up before the build if the free space falls under a certain limit.