What is Diana?
"Diana" is the codename for IntelliJ IDEA 8.x.
IntelliJ IDEA 8.1 (build 9732) has been released. You can download it from http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/index.html
This EAP build requires a valid IntelliJ IDEA 8.0 license. It does NOT auto-restart the 30-day evaluation period.
IntelliJ IDEA 8.1 includes the following new features:
- Major performance improvements for index updates and compiler caches
- Sharing settings between multiple installations of IntelliJ IDEA on different computers (work in progress)
- Team Foundation Server integration
- git integration
- Resin integration
- Oracle SQL dialect support (work in progress)
- Copyright plugin is now bundled
- Perforce jobs support
- Restored editor tab placement options
Release Notes Archive
IDEA 8.0 Technology Roadmap
Diana First EAP Release Notes
Summary Release Notes (build 8975)
Summary Release Notes (build 8823)
Summary Release Notes (build 8280)
Summary Release Notes (build 8375)
Summary Release Notes (build 8733)
Summary Release Notes (build 8769)
Summary Release Notes (build 8810)
Summary Release Notes (build 8858)
The GenerateToString plugin is now bundled with Diana. If you already have an installation of the plugin from the plugin manager, please remove it before installing the Diana EAP build.
Build 8650 and newer include a New Packaging Configuration Editor.
Diana includes its own code coverage engine, which can be used as an alternative to EMMA. You can find more information on it in IDEA Coverage Runner.