Since TeamCity 10.0, it is possible to export settings of a project with its children to an archive to later import it to a different TeamCity server. Export includes settings (basically everything configured in the project administration area), but does not include builds or any other data visible in the user area. To export a project with all the related data, use server backup.
On this page:
Exporting Project Settings
To export the project settings, perform the following:
Go to the project settings, from the Actions menu in the top right of the project settings page select Export Project...:
The Settings Export page is displayed allowing exporting the project and viewing all its dependencies. Click Export to download a zip archive containing project settings.
Currently only the settings export is supported.
External dependencies for build configurations are exported as well. A build configuration defined in one project can depend on other projects in a number of ways: it can
- be associated with a template defined in parent projects,
- use vcs roots or an SSH key defined higher in the project hierarchy,
- use some external build configuration as a snapshot dependency.
report.log file included in the archive details reasons for exporting external entities.
- Builds, changes, and other project-related data cannot be exported.
- External build configurations that are used in artifact dependencies only are not exported.