- describe how on-premises HA setup looks like
Starting Read-Only Node
A Read-Only node uses the same Data Directory and the same external database as the main TeamCity Server.
So the prerequisite of using the Read-Only node is to ensure that it has access to the main TeamCity Server's data directory and to the database.
Also, the Read-Only node requires 'local' data directory in addition to the main data directory. The node stores some caches, unpacked external plugins and some other configuration there.
By default, the 'local' data directory is automatically created under the '<Main Data Directory>/nodes/read_only_node' path during the first start. You can override it's location using '-Dteamcity.node.data.path' property.
To start a Read-Only node alongside with the main TeamCity Server do the following:
- Install TeamCity software as usual: download a distribution package, unpack it or follow the installation wizard.
- Configure the TEAMCITY_DATA_PATH environment variable on the Read-Only node, make sure it points to the shared data directory.
- Add additional arguments to the TEAMCITY_SERVER_OPTS environment variable:
User Interface Changes
We continue updating the interface:
- new build row presentation, featuring the artifacts icon has been added to overview and favorite builds pages
- build configuration home page has been re-designed (besides, internally it now uses REST API to show its data)
Trusted HTTPS Certificates
TeamCity now allows to upload a so called trusted HTTPS certificate - this could be a self-signed certificate, or a certificate signed by a non well known certificate authority (CA). After that this certificate becomes trusted by TeamCity, which means TeamCity will be able to open HTTPS connections to a resource with this certificate. Previously, to allow such connection the certificate has to be imported into Java used by the TeamCity server with help of a keytool utility.
In the final 2018.1 version these trusted certificates will be delivered to agents automatically.
Currently trusted certificates storage is global for the whole server and affects all of the server projects. To upload a trusted certificate, navigate to the Root project administration area and selected Trused HTTPS Certificates menu item in sidebar.
- Docker wrapper now supports .NET CLI and PowerShell runners, which means you can easily run these steps in a Docker container.
- Docker Build runner has been replaced with Docker Command runner with support for build, push and some other docker commands
- AWS ECR (Elastic Container Registry) is now supported by the Docker plugin
Bundled Amazon S3 Support
TeamCity now comes bundled with Amazon S3 plugin, which allows uploading to, downloading and removing artifacts from S3. Resolution of artifact dependencies as well as clean-up of artifacts is handled by the plugin. The artifacts located externally are displayed in the TeamCity web UI.
Viewing Shared Resources Usage
Starting from this build, if at least one resource lock is defined in a build configuration, you can view the resources used by the build on the Shared Resources tab of the Build Results page. The tab displays the resources and their type, including the locks used by the build for each resource.
Clicking the resource name takes you back to the the shared resources configuration page on the project level.
Per-project NuGet Feeds
TeamCity now supports per-project NuGet feeds which could be used by this project and all sub-projects. Introduced NuGet Package Indexer build feature to add NuGet packages published by the build into specific feed. The default NuGet feed with all packages was moved to the Root project.
- Now it is possible to use parameter references in agent requirement settings
- Users can now hide health report items if they are not relevant for their project (previously only sysadmins could hide them)
Bundled the latest released version of JetBrains .NET Tools (dotCover 2018.1 and ReSharper CLT 2018.1)
The bundled Ant has been updated to version 1.9.11
VSS (Visual SourceSafe) plugin has been un-bundled
All fixed issues