Tokaj includes plugins for Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox that will allow you to organize Web pages without leaving the browser.
The Internet Explorer plugin is installed automatically by the Omea installer.
To install the Mozilla/Firefox plugin, please open Mozilla or Firefox, click on File | Open File..., browse to the Omea installation directory and double-click on omeaconnector.xpi.
The plugin currently provides the following features:
- Subscribe to feed of the currently viewed page;
- Create clipping from the text selected in the page.
Tokaj includes a plugin for viewing and indexing Microsoft Excel files.
Tokaj includes a rewritten NNTP plugin with the following new features:
- Better performance and reduced number of server connections;
- Possibility to organize newsgroups in folders;
- Support for SSL connections;
- Support for canceling articles on the server;
- Support for compressing newsgroup names and specifying custom display names;
- Per-server configuration of all server properties;
- Better download control options;
- Support for news: URLs;
- Improved newsgroup subscription dialog with possibility to view new newsgroups;
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for news articles);
- Possibility to keep the article archive when unsubscribing from a newsgroup;
- Possibility to switch encodings for downloaded articles;
- Many other small improvements.
Outlook Plugin Features
- Possibility to copy folders and messages;
- Possibility to save messages as .MSG files;
- Possibility to turn off category synchronization for contacts, tasks and emails;
- Possibility to copy and move messages between storages;
- Possibility to configure task folders to do or not import for tasks;
- Other improvements.
RSS Plugin Features
- Support for feed: URLs;
- Possibility to subscribe to a feed by dragging an URL from a browser and dropping it on the Feeds pane;
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for feed posts);
- Possibility to edit the properties of multiselected feeds, or all feeds in a feed group;
- Support of the <image> tag.
New Message List/Tree Control
Tokaj includes a rewritten control for displaying lists and trees of resources. It is currently used in the following places:
- Main resource browser;
- Panes in the left sidebar;
- "Choose Resource Types", "Select Conditions" and "Views Manager" dialogs.
The control currently provides the following improvements:
- Correct operation of tooltips, multiselection and other features that did not always work properly in the 1.0 release;
- Better incremental search implementation;
- Use of XP themes for drawing checkboxes in the list;
- Better performance and stability.
The following new column configuration features have been added:
- "Show if not empty" and "Show if distinct" options for showing columns;
- Column autosizing;
- Possibility to apply column settings to a specific view, instead of all views showing resources of specific types;
- Possibility to restore default column settings.
Search, Rules and Views Improvements
- Added rules for changing the Omea tray icon;
- Implemented unified rule manager dialog for all types of rules;
- The "Apply Rules" dialog allows to choose the resources to which rules will be applied, and its performance has been improved;
- "Hide Read Messages" option works for views;
- "Choose Resource Types" dialog shows resource type icons;
- Added search history in the Advanced Search dialog;
- Phrasal search results are always highlighted correctly;
- Better diagnostics for incorrect search queries and stopwords/stoptokens.
- Possibility to reorder Formatting and TrayIcon rules, check on/off these rules.
- Visible links are created between resources which are used as rule parameters and their rules. These rules are visible in the Links Pane. Currently available only for Contacts and Tasks.
- "Far Unread" view - list of unread items from the relatively far past.
- Critical amount of space is now monitored by the Search module - text index is not updated when amount of space on HD becomes less than 50M. After free space is again available, missed documents are rerequested for indexing.
- New condition "Subject contains text".
Contact Management Improvements
- Proper support for removing email account from a Contact - all correspondence related to this email account is retargeted to newly created contact.
- Possibility to delete contacts;
- Possibility to assign contact categories from the "Edit Contact" form.
The Tokaj release includes many other improvements in different areas of the product. A more complete list of improvements will be provided later.