User interface changes
The user interface update that we started in the previous version continues in 2018.1. In this EAP build we redesigned:
- the build configuration history page (TODO screenshot)
- the Agent history page (TODO screenshot)
- the Favorite builds page (TODO screenshot)
Besides, the updated UI features completely reworked build line presentation.
Inherited build steps configuration improvements
Ability to redefine inherited build step settings
In the current TeamCity version, if a build step is defined in a template, it is shown as read-only in a build configuration inheriting this build step. If some customization is required, then a parameter reference has to be defined for some settings in the template, and a specific value should be set for this parameter in the build configuration. However, this workaround works for text fields only.
In this EAP it is finally possible to customize an inherited build step, i.e. it is possible to change every setting of the inherited build step without the need to introduce parameters.
Ability to have pre- and post-steps in a template
There is sometimes a need to define a common build step in a template, so that this step will be executed either before all build configuration steps or after them.
In this EAP build, for a given template it is possible to define such steps and then define their placement in respect to the build configuration steps. All build configuration steps are represented as a placeholder in the Reorder Build Steps dialog. The template steps can be placed before or after this placeholder.
Note: you still can have a completely custom order of steps in a build configuration inherited from a template.
PowerShell Core support
This year Microsoft released a new edition of cross-platform Powershell: Powershell Core.
Starting with this EAP build, TeamCity supports this version.
Docker plugin improvements
- Docker wrapper now forms build step environment more correctly and passes the relevenat environment variables to the container. TW-53498
- Docker wrapper can now use Gradle and Maven provided by the Docker images in the corresponding build steps. TW-54066, TW-51179
Ability to re-run build
Shared resources in composite builds
Starting from this EAP build, you can use the Shared Resources feature in composite builds. At the moment only infinite and resources with quota are supported. To enable the feature, set the
teamcity.sharedResources.buildChains.enabled=true internal property.
Java 9 and Java 10 can now be used to run an agent
- Gerrit Commit Status Publisher now allows an admin to configure custom values for success and failure instead of +1 and -1 respectively. This label is also configurable.
- All fixed issues [TODO]