User interface changes
The user interface update that we started in the previous version has been continued in 2018.1. In this EAP build we redesigned:
- the build configuration history page (TODO screenshot)
- the Agent history page (TODO screenshot)
- the Favorite builds page (TODO screenshot)
Besides, the updated UI features completely reworked build line presentation.
Inherited build steps configuration improvements
Ability to redefine inherited build step settings
In the current TeamCity version, if a build step is defined in a template, it is shown as read only in a build configuration inheriting this build step. If some customization is required, a then parameter reference m has to be defined for some settings in the template and specific value should be set for this parameter in the build configuration. However, this workaround works for text fields only.
In this EAP it is finally possible to customize an inherited build step, i.e. it is possible to change every setting of the inherited build step without the need to introduce parameters.
Ability to have pre- and post- steps in a template
When there is a need to define a common build step in a template, such a step should be executed either before all build configuration steps or after them. In this EAP build, for a given template it is possible to define steps and then define their placement with respect to build configuration steps. All build configuration steps are represented as a placeholder in reorder steps dialog. Template steps can be placed before or after this placeholder.
Note: you still can have a completely custom order of steps in a build configuration inherited from a template.
Powershell Core support
This year Microsoft released a new edition of cross-platform Powershell: Powershell Core.
Starting with this EAP build, TeamCity supports this version.
Docker plugin improvements
- Docker wrapper now forms build step environment more correctly and does not pass non-relevant environment variables to the container. TW-53498
- Docker wrapper can now use Gradle and Maven provided by Docker images in the corresponding build steps. TW-54066, TW-51179
Ability to re-run build
Shared resources in composite builds
- Java 9 and Java 10 can now be used to run an agent