User interface changes
The user interface update that we've started in the previous version has been continued in 2018.1. In this EAP build we reworked:
- the build configuration history page (TODO screenshot)
- agent history page (TODO screenshot)
- as well as favorite builds page (TODO screenshot)
In addition to that the build line presentation has been reworked through the whole web interface.
Inherited build steps configuration improvements
Ability to redefine inherited build step settings
In the current TeamCity version if a build step is defined in a template it is shown as read only in a build configuration inheriting this build step. If some customization is required then parameter reference should be defined for some settings in the template and specific value should be set for this parameter in the build configuration. But this workaround works for text fields only.
In this EAP it is finally possible to customize inherited build step, i.e. it is possible to change every setting of the inherinted build step without necessity to introduce parameters.
Ability to have pre- and post- steps in a template
When there is a need to define a common build step in a template, such a step should be executed either before all build configuration steps or after them. In this EAP build for a given template it is possible to define steps and then define their placement with respect to build configuration steps. All build configuration steps are represented as a placeholder in reorder steps dialog. Template steps can be placed before or after this placeholder.
Note: you still can have completely custom order of steps in the build configuration iherited from the template.
Powershell Core support
This year Microsoft released a new edition of cross platform Powershell: Powershell Core.
Starting with this EAP build TeamCity has support for this version.
Docker plugin improvements
- Docker wrapper forms build step environment more correctly and does not pass non-relevant environment variables to the container. TW-53498
- Docker wrapper can now use Gradle and Maven provided by docker images in the corresponding build steps. TW-54066, TW-51179
Ability to re-run build
Shared resources in composite builds
- Java 9 and Java 10 can now be used to run an agent