Tokaj will include plugins for Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox that will allow you to organize Web pages without leaving the browser.
Currently only the Mozilla Firefox plugin is available. To install it, please open Mozilla or Firefox, click on File | Open File..., browse to the Omea installation directory and double-click on omeaconnector.xpi.
The plugin currently provides the following features:
- Subscribe to feed of the currently viewed page;
- Create clipping from the text selected in the page.
Tokaj includes a rewritten NNTP plugin with the following new features:
- Better performance and reduced number of server connections;
- Possibility to organize newsgroups in folders;
- Support for SSL connections;
- Support for canceling articles on the server;
- Support for compressing newsgroup names and specifying custom display names;
- Per-server configuration of all server properties;
- Better download control options;
- Support for news: URLs;
- Improved newsgroup subscription dialog with possibility to view new newsgroups;
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for news articles);
- Possibility to keep the article archive when unsubscribing from a newsgroup;
- Many other small improvements.
Outlook Plugin Features
- Possibility to copy folders and messages;
- Possibility to save messages as .MSG files;
- Possibility to turn off category synchronization for contacts, tasks and emails;
- Other improvements.
RSS Plugin Features
- Support for feed: URLs;
- Possibility to subscribe to a feed by dragging an URL from a browser and dropping it on the Feeds pane.
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for feed posts).
New Message List/Tree Control
Tokaj includes a rewritten control for displaying lists and trees of resources. It is currently used in the following places:
- Panes in the left sidebar;
- "Choose Resource Types", "Select Conditions" and "Views Manager" dialogs.
The control currently provides the following improvements:
- Correct operation of tooltips, multiselection and other features that did not always work properly in the 1.0 release;
- Better incremental search implementation;
- Use of XP themes for drawing checkboxes in the list;
- Better performance and stability.
Search, Rules and Views Improvements
- Added rules for changing the Omea tray icon;
- Implemented unified rule manager dialog for all types of rules;
- The "Apply Rules" dialog allows to choose the resources to which rules will be applied, and its performance has been improved;
- "Hide Read Messages" option works for views;
- "Choose Resource Types" dialog shows resource type icons;
- Added search history in the Advanced Search dialog;
- Phrasal search results are always highlighted correctly;
- Better diagnostics for incorrect search queries.
Contact Management Improvements
- Possibility to delete contacts (in progress);
- Possibility to assign contact categories from the "Edit Contact" form.
The Tokaj release includes many other improvements in different areas of the product. A more complete list of improvements will be provided later.