If you would like to get involved in the development of IntelliJ IDEA, use the following info on what you can do.
Getting latest development builds
Participating in discussions
There are a few newsgroups at our news server (news://news.jetbrains.com).
- jetbrains.intellij.eap Main group for the Early Access Program (EAP)
- jetbrains.intellij.eap.announcements Announcements of new EAP builds
- jetbrains.intellij.eap.cvs Discussions related to the CVS support
- jetbrains.intellij.eap.j2ee Discussions related to the J2EE support
- jetbrains.intellij.openapi Discussions related to the APIs required for plugin development
- jetbrains.intellij.plugins Discussions related to various plugins for IDEA
Most of the groups are replicated to the web-based forums (http://intellij.net/forums/index.jsp?cat=9)