Scala plugin automatically inserts import statements for the class names you are using.
When you type a class name, the editor automatically suggests the fully qualified name and offers you to press Alt+Enter to insert an appropriate import statement.
Auto import settings can be adjusted in the Settings Dialog:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+S to open the Settings Dialog
- Expand Code Style and click Scala
- Select Imports tab.
Scala language gives you a number of ways to use import statements:
- Import of not fully qualified class names
- Declare an import statement in any code block
- Use placeholders to import more than one class in a single statement
Scala plugin provides the support for all these language features:
- Auto import feature inserts the shortest qualified name, if possible. Otherwise, the _root_ qualifier is added.
- All import statements from one package are collapsed to a single statement.
- If a class name matches only a single valid package, it's imported on-the-fly, without requiring you to press Alt+Enter.
- Import statements can be inserted anywhere in the file, not only the header.
- If a number of classes imported from a package exceeds a specified threshold, the import is collapsed to a package level.