!!! Under construction !!!
Dialect sensitive editor for SQL and for Procedural-SQL script files (.sql, .plsql) providing advanced editing capabilities.
- Language highlighting (configurable in the "Colors & Fonts" section)
- Code formatting, folding and bracket matching
- Two configurable levels of code completion, sortable code completion lists
- Error highlighting for incomplete statements or invalid references to database entities
- Basic structure projection in the "Structure" tool window
- Statement execution triggers on editor gutter
- Useful editor intentions
Note: Only language highlighting is supported by the PL/SQL editor for now.
Flexible database connectivity management.
- Connections configurable in scope of project or module
- Persistent mapping between connection/schema and sql scripts for providing code completion, navigation and statement execution capabilities.
- Connection pooling for concurrent database access and dedicated connectivity (managed internally)
- Silent connectivity restoring in case of database linkage breaks (e.g. idle session timeouts, administrative session kills)
- Virtual connections for deciding the .sql dialect of the mapped file (no real database behind)
Tool window displaying available connections and the database objects.
- Tree-wise visualization of database connections and hierarchical objects structure
- Linkage to the script editor (providing navigation from resolved identifiers in the editor)
- Contextual popup menu with supported operations on each database object (e.g. compile, execute, refresh lists)
- Several embedded navigation capabilities in contextual popup menu (e.g. from column to its constraints, from synonym to underlying object)
- Trigger for database object editor and method execution
- Navigation history, speed search capabilities
- Invalid objects highlighting and triggers for bulk-compile operation (identify invalid objects and fire compilation operation on them ) **
- DDL file extraction to editor or to clipboard (deprecated feature - see ddl file creation in code-editor section) **
Note: Refreshing objects feature is still in testing phase and not available yet (because of critical system instability hazard)
Statement and database-method execution, compile engine for database programs (e.g. functions, procedures)
- Execution of sql statements can be fired directly from the editor gutter
- Sticky linkage between editor and execution (navigation from the editor to the result and backwards is ensured even if the file is being edited)
- Sortable query results in tabular form
- Export of query results to file or clipboard in several formats (sql insert statements, .xls, .csv)
- Message window for failed statement executions
- Executed statement preview window (useful when the underlying statement has been changed in editor)
Note: Configuration of execution processes is still pending.
Highlighted code editor for program-objects (e.g. functions) and views
- Editor for database functions, procedures, packages, types and triggers
- Database-view editor with advanced editing capabilities (code completion, folding, navigation, error highlighting)
- Show changes facility (diff visualization for local changes and changes against database)
- Basic team coding support to prevent blind overwriting on concurrent editing (if object was changed by a third party since it was last saved, user will be prompted for merging the versions)
- Support for creation of DDL files for database objects
- DDL file mapping - locating and aggregating project .ddl with the database objects being edited (ddl files are automatically updated when object is edited)
- Firing compile operation after updating changes to database **
- Compiler error messages in the execution console providing qualified navigation to code (row and column number) **
----** Oracle feature
On the pipe