Build Sequence Improvements
Propagating build failure status through dependencies
Now a build that depends on a failed build will always fail with appropriate text in the build status
Run build if one of its dependencies failed
A new option has been added to run the build or just skip it if any of its dependencies has failed.
For example, if you configure your builds as one doing compilation and other running tests you will probably want to skip the testing build if compilation has failed. Alternatively, if a build performs some post-build action, like publishing build results on some resource, it should be run after both failed and successful builds.
Configurable build reuse policy
Now you can configure whether to use already finished/running builds as source of the build dependencies or trigger a new build each time a build with dependencies is triggered. The build can be reused in dependencies only if it suits by all parameters (it used the necessary revisions and had no custom parameters set).
There is also an option to limit builds reusing only to successful builds.
Run Custom Build dialog now also has an option to trigger a build enforcing rebuild of all its dependencies.
Option to preserve dependency builds from cleanup
We have also added an option in cleanup rules to turn off preserving dependency builds from cleanup. Now for each build configuration you can configure whether you want to preserve or not the artifacts of the builds that this configuration depends on.
History builds with source dependencies
It is now possible to trigger a history build for builds with source dependencies.
Ability to stop multiple builds from the same dependency graph
When stopping a build or removing a build from the queue, you will be presented with a dialog listing all the builds belonging to the same dependency graph as the one being stopped. You then can select the builds that you want to stop.
Patterns of artifacts now support Ant-like wildcards.
Please note that if you relied on "*" pattern to match directory names, you will need to adjust your pattern to use "**/*" instead of single "*".
Also, if you relied on the "*" pattern to download only the files without extension, please update your pattern to use "*." for that.
In artifact dependencies you can now specify individual files from zip-archived artifact in the dependency rules. The full archive will be downloaded to the agent, but only the specified files will be put in the destination directory.
Now you can select remote run comment from the history of previously entered comments.
Also, after failed personal build a notification will be displayed about the failure.
Version Control Integration Improvements
- can now put label on the build's sources even if custom client mapping is specified in the VCS configuration
- excludes in custom client mapping are now supported
- Subversion 1.5 externals format is now supported
- bugfixing and speedup
- now quiet period is more fair, i.e. if there were no changes within the specified quiet period a build is added to the queue for the last detected change and when the build is started no changes collecting is performed.
- Ability to add a comment to a build
- Ability to trigger a build on all compatible agents: see the last option in the "Agent" chooser of the Run Custom Build dialog
- Search by build and pin comments, change set and file revisions is now turned on by default
- Project copying has been improved to include ability to copy project-related notifications for all users
- Duration sub total is shown for filtered tests on the Tests tab