Several interesting features are currently under investigation. The analysis stage doesn’t guarantee that anything functional will make it into the actual release, however, your feedback, use cases and comments are extremely valuable. Feel free to share them!
- Under investigation:
- Integration Integration with Valgrind (CPP-548)
- Remote Remote development support (since the topic in general is too broad, we’ll try to focus on some particular improvements, however it’s only a general investigation going on now without any clear decision)
- Language support:
CLion 2017.2 got many fixes in various areas of C++ language support. Now we’ve decided to change the strategy a bit. We analyzed issues with the language support on the whole and identified levels, where there is room for improvement. We plan to start from the bottom and work our way up to the top, implementing big overhauls in the problematic areas. This might take more than one release cycle even for one area, but you can expect many issues to be resolved with each finished cycle.
Besides this, we plan to cover the following:
- Multiple Multiple toolchains support (CPP-10116)
UI for providing custom pretty printers / .gdbinit for the project.
- Check Check and bundle, if possible, GDB 8.0 and LLDB 5.0.
- Unit tests
- Gutter Gutter icons for unit tests (OC-12323).
- Fixes Fixes and improvements for Google Test and Catch.
- Continue Continue with performance improvements.