- Configure the branch specification in your VCS Root ensuring that it includes pull requests. Detailed information is available in the Branch specification section of this TeamCity blog post.
- Add the build feature:
- Use the default All attached VCS roots option to publish statuses for commits in all attached VCS roots
Select - Select GitHub as the publisher and specify its connection details and credentials and test the connection:
- Save your settings.
- Commit changes to your source code and create a pull request in GitHub, then run a build with your changes in TeamCity.
The Commit Status Publisher will inform you on the status of the build with your pull request changes:
1) It will show you whether the check is in progress , whether it failed or is successful
2) hovering over the commit status will display the build summary
3) clicking the build status sign or the Details link will open the build results page in TeamCity:
This information is also available on the Commits tab of your pull request details:
Similarly to the previous page, clicking the build status icon opens the build results page in the TeamCity web UI: