You can create a new build configuration
- Pointing to a repository URL
- Pointing to a GitHub repository
- Pointing to Bitbucket repository
- Create a build configuration template, and then create a build configuration based on the template.
When build configurations are created, you can:
- Click the Create build configuration button and select Pointing to Bitbucket Cloud repository.
- If you do not have a Bitbucket connection configured, you will be redirected to the Connections page. Set up the connection as described here, then follow the steps below.
- If you have a Bitbucket connection configured, follow the steps below.
- On the Create Build Configuration From Bitbucket Cloud page, select a repository. TeamCity will verify the repository connection. If the Connection is verified, the new page opens.
- TeamCity will display the project and build configuration name. If required, modify the names and click Proceed.
- TeamCity will add a VCS build trigger and attempt to auto-detect build steps: Ant, NAnt, Gradle, Maven, MSBuild, Visual Studio solution files, PowerShell, Xcode project files, Rake, and IntelliJ IDEA projects.
On the Auto-detected Build Steps page select the step(s) to use in your build configuration. Click Use selected.
If no steps found, you will have to configure build steps manually.
- Your project and a build configuration are configured. Click the Run button to start the build.
Depending on the build configuration settings, TeamCity can suggest some additional configuration options. Review the suggested settings and configure required ones.
Creating Build Configuration Template
- Open the existing build configuration settings page, click Actions at at the top right corner of the screen, and select the Extract Template option.
- Specify the settings required and click Create.
- On the Administration > Projects page, select the desired project in the list. (Alternatively, open the project using the Projects popup, and click the Edit Project Settings link on the right). The Project Settings page opens.
- On the Project Settings page, Build Configuration Templates section, locate the desired template and click its name or use Edit.
- Click Actions at at the top right corner of the screen, and select Create Build Configuration.
Specify the required settings for the new configuration.
The settings specified in the template cannot be edited in a configuration created from this template. However, some of them can be redefined in a build configuration. Note that modifying the settings of the template itself will affect all configurations based on this template.
On the Administration > Projects page, select the desired project in from the list. (Alternatively, open the project using the Projects popup, and click the Edit Project Settings link on the right). The Project Settings page opens.
On the Project Settings page, Build Configurations section, click Create build configuration.
On the configuration settings page, use the he the Based on template drop-down and selecting select a template for your build configuration configuration.
Ordering Build Configurations
Note that editing via the TeamCity Web UI will ve be disabled for build configurations created via the REST API.