1. Download IntelliJ IDEA for
- IntelliJ IDEA is cross-platform and runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- You can download the latest version for any platform from the official website.
- Earlier versions are available for download here.
- Windows: Run the .exe file and follow steps of the Installation Wizard.
- Mac OS X: Open the .dmg package and drag/copy IntelliJ IDEA to the application folder.
- Linux: Unpack .tar.gz archive and run bin/idea.sh.
- When you launch the IDE for the first time, it will offer you to choose the plugins you would like to use. Later you will be able to change your selections in Settings → Plugins.
6. I'm used to a different IDE. What
should I do?
- If you've worked with Eclipse or NetBeans before, we suggest that you read our migration guides. Get ready for your life to change forever (in a good way)!
- Check out tutorials and how-to guides at this dedicated website.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel and watch the latest video tutorials.
- See the keymap in Help → Default Keymap Reference on our website.
8. How do I submit
- The easiest and most efficient way to be heard is to submit an issue into our issue tracker.
- Have a problem or just an idea how to make the improve user experience better? - Don’t hesitate to create an issue. Our developer team will come to your help shortly.
- Another option to submit feedback or get help from developer community is to ask on the discussion forum. There's a good chance that someone already knows a solution.