YouTrack Harmony Stand-Alone EAP Builds
With this EAP we introduce a new approach to evaluation of new features in EAP builds. By default, visibility (hence, availability) of new features in EAP builds are controlled by so called 'Feature Flags'. That is, you can enable and disable these features at your will.
Enabling New Features in Stand-Alone Builds
Basically, a feature-flag is a JVM '-D' start parameter that you must provide when you start your YouTrack Standalone EAP Build. You can provide these parameters either in the starting command (thus features will be enabled for the current session only) or in the configuration file of your JVM (thus you don't need to control constantly whether you have enabled the feature or not).
Feature-flags are divided in two types:
-Djetbrains.youtrack.feature.newReports=true or -Djetbrains.youtrack.feature.newReports=Admins,youtrack-developers
Currently Available Feature-Flags
If a parameter supports customizing user groups, then you should provide a comma-separated list of groups.
In any other regard, installation/running procedures are similar to those of the released builds.
1. We strongly recommend that you evaluate YouTrack 'Harmony' EAP builds in a test environment, since you will not be able to revert to YouTrack 5.x other than by rolling back to a pre-upgrade backup of your database and losing your progress along the way!
2. Please upgrade your environment to Java 1.7 before running YouTrack 6.0 EAP. Starting from build #11415, earlier Java versions are not supported.
YouTrack Harmony Stand-Alone RC Builds
With the first RC of the upcoming YouTrack 'Harmony' release we are introducing the major update for YouTrack distribution and brand new YouTrack installer. This update will affect mostly our users on MS Windows and those of you who run YouTrack as WAR in a servlet container.
Please consider the following key-points before the upgrade:
- Running YouTrack 'Harmony' requires Java 7 or higher. Support for the previous Java 6 versions (Java 1.6) is deprecated.
- The WAR distribution will also be deprecated due to the major changes made to package structure. To run YouTrack as WAR in a servlet container, you will have to deploy two WAR packages, and perform a time-consuming configuration procedure. Thus, we do not recommend using this distribution. Please consider using to other installation options.
- YouTrack MSI does not contain Apache Tomcat anymore. Thus, the configuration procedure differs significantly from the previous one. Please refer to the dedicated documentation for details:
10 Oct 2014
YouTrack Harmony Reports
Stand-Alone EAP Builds
15 Sept 2014
11 Aug 2014
10 July 2014
30 June 2014
24 June 2014