- CLion supports only GNU toolchain, that means only GCC and Clang compilers on Linux and OS X, and MinGW (version 3.2 only, 64-bit version is not supported yet) and Cygwin toolchains on Windows.
Note: If you are using Visual Studio for C++ development (and Visual C++ Compiler), try our ReSharper for C++.
- CLion supports only the following C and C++ standards: C99, C++03, C++11.
- CMake 3 is not yet supported.
- Environment variables and parameters can't be passed to the CMake command (CPP-188). Write them in CMakeLists.txt files directly or set in CMakeCache. To add parameter to CMakeCache use this workaround until we fix an issue with adding custom parameters to Cache from the IDE.
Performance and memory
- On the large code bases (especially when using Boost) performance and memory issues during indexing and editing are possible (increasing memory may help).