What are the most important and known issues and limitations?
- Toolchain changes in settings do not affect the project automatically, call the Reload CMake Project action via CMake tool window or by action name to apply changes.
- Most compiler errors are not highlighted in the editor.
- CLion doesn’t update CMakeLists.txt automatically when adding new file to the project.
- CLion's new file wizard doesn't support C++ class templates.
Compilers, CMake and language standards limitations
- CLion only runs on 64bit systems
- CMakeCache changes should be applied via Reload CMake project button in the tool window.
CLion supports the following C and C++ standards: C99, C11 partially, C++03, C++11
14 (all except constexpr), C++
17 (initial support).
List of supported C++ language features can be found in our webhelp.
Performance and memory
- On the large code bases (especially when using Boost) performance and memory issues during indexing and editing are possible (increasing .
- Increasing memory may help ).to resolve performance problems. To check the memory usage, please, switch on the memory indicator in Preferences/Settings | Appearance & Behavior | Appearance | Show memory indicator.
While reporting a performance problem, please, get a thread dump and a CPU snapshot and attach them to the report/ticket in tracker.
To find IDE logs to attach to the problem use this link.
- Some issues are possible when debugging 32-bit projects with 64-bit GDB.
To report debugger problem, please, configure and collect debug logs.