What are the most important and known issues and limitations?
- CLion only runs on 64bit systems
- CMakeCache changes should be applied via Apply Changes and Reload CMake project button in the tool window.
- CLion supports only GNU toolchain, that means only GCC and Clang compilers on Linux and OS X, and MinGW (or MinGW-W64) and Cygwin x64 toolchains on Windows. Microsoft Visual C++ compiler is supported in the experimental mode since CLion 2017.1.
Note: If you are using Visual Studio for C++ development (and Visual C++ Compiler), try our ReSharper for C++.
the following C and C++ standards: C99, C11 partially, C++03, C++11
, C++14 (all except constexpr), C++17 (initial support).
List of supported C++
- User defined literals
- Variadic templates
language features can be found in our webhelp.
Performance and memory
- On the large code bases (especially when using Boost) performance and memory issues during indexing and editing are possible.
- Increasing memory may help to resolve performance problems. To check the memory usage, please, switch on the memory indicator in Preferences/Settings | Appearance & Behavior | Appearance | Show memory indicator.
To find IDE logs to attach to the problem use this link.
- Some issues are possible when debugging 32-bit projects with 64-bit GDB.
To report debugger problem, please, configure and collect debug logs.