- projects hierarchy is shown on Administration -> Projects page the same way as it shown in all projects the Projects popup
- configure visible projects Configure Visible Projects dialog has become aware of project hierarchy
- projects hierarchy is shown on Administration -> Disk usage page
- projects hierarchy is shown in all drop downs where a list of projects or configurations is displayed
- investigations page for a project also shows all investigations from sub-projects. The same applies to muted problems page, current problems, build chains, project statistics and project change log. All these pages will show sub-projects too.
- notification rule defined for a project will be effective for sub-projects too
- builds schedule page for a project shows schedule from sub-projects too
IDs for build configuration and template
It is now possible to define external id ID for build configuration or template. It works the same way as external id ID for project, i.e. it is used in URLs instead of internal idID, and it is used in configuration files. However with build configuration external ids IDs add some additional benefits:
- if you're using dependency parameters, you can use external ids IDs there instead of cryptic btXXX:
dep.<my build configuration external id>.build.number
- you can access build artifacts using a URL like this:
http://<host>/repository/download/<my build configuration external id>/lastSuccessful/artifact.zip
- external id ID can be used when build is triggered by HTTP request and in REST requests
Project configuration files changes
We continue refactoring the way configuration files storage are stored on disk under TeamCity data directory. This EAP brings two important changes:
- from now on, build configuration internal id ID is no longer stored in project configuration files, external id ID is used instead, the same applies to build configuration template.
- since all VCS roots now belong to projects we decided to remove the global
vcs-roots.xmlfile and move vcs VCS root configuration to corresponding projects.
Disk usage report has become aware of projects hierarchy. You can see how much disk space is taken by the project as a whole, and also drill down to sub-projects and see what sub-project uses most of disk space.
Additionally, one more server health report is now provided based on disk usage. This report shows configurations with huge log files, as well as links to builds having these log files. Huge (hundred hundreds of megabytes) build logs are rarely useful, it is hard to analyze them and in most of the cases they just waste space on disk. We hope this report will help to find configurations producing that produce such log files and fix them.
VCS and Schedule trigger have got new setting: Branch filter. With the help of branch the new filter you can limit the set of branches where automatic triggering must will be performed. Read more about branch filters in our documentation: Working with Feature Branches
- Server id ID - we need some way to remove duplicate usage statistics reports from our database. To be able to do it we introduced a unique identifier - server idID, which is sent together with usage statistics report. This id ID is completely anonymous and does not have contain machine-specific information in it.
- better UI for subrepo graphs