Here you can find complete guide how to start writing patches (or to creating your own Scala plugin builds) to IntelliJ IDEA Scala plugin.
- Checkout project: https://github.com/JetBrains/intellij-scala
- Pull requests is better to do for master branch, which is for IDEA 14.
- Call "sbt downloadIdea" from command line. It's approx. for 10 minutes.
- Sometimes you will need to call it again, when dependency to IDEA will be updated.
- Import sources as SBT project.
- In IntelliJ IDEA 14 choose File -> Import Project...
- Choose directory with your scala-plugin repository.
- Choose "Import project from external model" -> "SBT". Press Next.
- Choose Project SDK. Target SDK is 1.6, however sources are compatible with 1.7. Press Finish.
- Wait for the SBT process.
- Now you can make project. After that you can run IDEA run configuration.
- TypeInferenceTests run configuration is example. You should configure defaults for JUnit according to this example.
- You can use ScalaPlugin artifact to build plugin distribution.
- You also can compile, test and package plugin from sbt command line.
Please see project Readme on GitHub for setup instructions.
You may also check our intro to the Scala plugin internals.