- Automatic merge of project and .msd/.mpl files.
- The merge driver tries to leave the models in the working directory in a readable state during conflict resolution
- Conflicted models cannot be opened from project tree in a normal way. When you first try to open a conflicted model, the merge dialog for this model will show up.
Using MPS projectional Editing functionality and improved debugger support it is possible to implement cell-based highlighting of DSL code instead of usual single line highlighting typical for text-based debuggers:
isApplicable function is available in the breakpoints creators.
In addition to changes in general debugger framework a number of improvements were implemented for Java-specific debugging
- "Copy value" popup menu action for inspected variables in the variables view
- Special highligting for incorrectly placed breakpoints
- Use Alt+F8 to copy selected code from the editor into the Evaluate window
- High-level (Domain-specific) types and variable names are calculated for variables in the evaluation and watches windows. Low-level (java) types are shown in brackets.
MOVE TO USER GUIDE:
In order to make MPS more modular, the debugger API and the Java debugger itself were moved into separate MPS plugins. This allows the user to completely turn the functionality off when not needed. A migration script to upgrade code to the new debugger API has been included in the MPS 2.5 migration wizard. Additionally, a migration script named "Fix references to debugger classes" is available for manual execution.