- Bytecode viewer plugin
- Ctrl-E popup redesigned
- Middle matching in completion
- Rewritten annotation processing configuration
- Compilation subsystem rewrite: "External make" feature
- The new make is by default off, can be enabled on a per-project basis from "Settings | Compiler | Use out-of-process build for project compilation" checkbox.
- Currently supported: incremental compilation of java, groovy, resources, ui designer forms, artifacts, android, annotation processing, not-null instrumentation
- all compilation tasks are performed in a separate process, fully independent from IDE's VM, no interference with AWT thread, no IDE resources consumption during build
- lower memory requirements for the IDE.
- in the make process javac compiler is called in "in-process" mode via java API, hence faster java sources compilation
- java make: completely rewritten java classes dependency management for faster and more accurate search of dependent classes
- 'automake' mode: automatic make triggered by events from IDE's virtual file system. If such make resulted in errors, those are highlighted in Project View and editor tabs
- faster project rebuild
- Subversion: tree conflicts visualization and resolve (for some variants)
- Perforce: more reliable offline mode and authentication problem handling